Trisha Yearwood's Bake Beans
1 lbs bacon
1 large vidalia onion; chopped
4 cans (15 oz) pork and beans
1/2 cup dark molasses
1/4 cup light brown sugar; (packed)
2 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium high until crisp.
3. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the drippings, and drain it on a paper towels. Crumble and set aside. If you haven't already chop it.
4. Pour out and discard all by 4 tablespoon of the bacon dripping.
5. Add the onion to the pan and saute until softened, about 7 minutes.
6. Stir in the beans, molasses, sugar, mustard and bacon. Mix well
7. Pour the beans into a 3 quart casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 45 minutes.