Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups onion, diced
2 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 cups whole milk
2 cloves garlic
2 1/4 cups shredded cheese, divided
1/3 cup chives, snipped
4 large yukon gold potatoes, skins on, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melted the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then the diced onion was cooked in the melted butter until soft.
3. I stirred the flour thoroughly into the onions and added the milk and garlic using a garlic press.
4. The sauce was stirred over medium/high heat until it began to bubble and thicken.
5. Remove from the heat and stirred in 2 cups of the grated cheese. The sauce was set aside.
6. Spray a 9x9 ceramic casserole dish with some cooking spray.
7. In a single layer of potato slices with layered in the bottom of the dish, followed by a sprinkling of snipped chives.
8. Then another layer of potato, followed by more chives. Until the potatoes were used up.