How to make the perfect rice krispies. There are tons of recipes out there to make rice krispies either use small marshmallows or big marshmallows. But I find this recipe to be the easiest and they turn out very good.
Perfect Rice Krispies
6 cups (1/ 1/2- 10 oz bags) mini marshmallows, divided
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
3 tablespoon butter
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet, over medium-low heat.
2. Once the butter is melted, add in 4 cups (1-10 oz bag) of mini marshmallows
3. Melt the marshmallows over low heat, stirring frequently
4. Once the marshmallows are completely melted, add in the cereal 2 cups at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Once the cereal and marshmallows are well combined, toss in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows and fold them into the marshmallow cereal.
6. You can keep the heat on low or totally turn it off - it depends if you want the mini marshmallows to melt a little bit or not)
7. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray and transfer the rice krispies treat mixture into the dish.
8. Press the mixture down with your fingertips or you could also use wax paper to press it down firmly into the pan.
9. Allow the mixture to cool before cutting into squares.