Today just happens to be my favorite color alone with my daughters. So in celebration of today being pink day and also being movie day we wanted to share this wonderful snack that we will be having.
Old Fashion Pink Popcorn is a spin of regular popcorn and is very awesome. My monkeys just love to sit down and watch movie while snacking on some delicious popcorn. So we decided to honor of today we would make old fashion pink popcorn.
Old Fashion Pink Popcorn
12 cups popped popcorn
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1/3 teaspoon vanilla salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 to 3 small drops of red food coloring (liquid drops)
1. Pop your popcorn. Set Popcorn aside.
2. In a saucepan combine sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Let the mixture boil until the temperature reaches 230 degrees. also known as soft ball stage.
4. Stir occasionally until it reaches 230 degrees and then remove from heat, and add your vanilla and food coloring. stir well.
5. Now pour the mixture over top of popcorn until well coated.
6. Now line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and transfer the popcorn to let it dry out.
I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as my little monkeys did!