On these hot summer days we look for some cool refreshing snacks to eat. A cool Strawberry Parfait is a great snack to have during these hot days. As a kid we are always looking for new delicious snacks to get. This recipe and snack is also good for you but also has a sweet kick to it. Give it a try it may just hit your sweet tooth. This is my princess getting eating her first strawberry.
4 cups sliced strawberries, divided
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (4 ounce) 1/3-less-fat-cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup amaretti cookie crumbs (about 8 cookies)
1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
1. Place 2 cups of strawberry slices and granulated sugar in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Set strawberry puree aside.
2. Combine ricotta and next 4 ingredients (ricotta through vanilla) in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs into each of 4 parfait glasses.
4. Top each potion with 2 tablespoons strawberry puree, 1/4 cup strawberry slices, and 3 tablespoons ricotta mixture; repeat the layers.
5. Drizzle the remaining strawberry puree over each serving.
6. Chill for 2 hours. Top each parfait with 2 tablespoons whipped topping and 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds.