Stars and Stripes Cookies
1 package (16.5 oz) Nestle Toll House Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough, well chilled
all purpose flour
Cookie Icing (below)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Sprinkle flour onto work surface. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness, using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking. Cut into star shapes with cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheets with spatula.
3. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until light brown around edges. Smaller cutters and sharp edges tend to produce darker cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Pip, spoon or spread red, white and blue icing onto cookies to create stripes.
For Easy Cookie Icing
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
red and blue food coloring
1. add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl.
2. Stir in additional milk, a teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.
3. Set aside one-third of icing.
4. Divide remaining icing between 2 bowls.
5. add red food coloring to one bowl and blue to the other; stir well.