Thursday, June 25, 2015

National Bomb Pop Day



Today is National Bomb Pop Day! I so remember these as a kid. My mom and dad used to buy these for me and my brothers and sisters. I loved them because as they melt there is different flavors. But oh what a mess! There are some many different flavors now to choose from. But now I have to watch my weight and watch what I eat so today I will be giving my kids a Bomb Pop and I will be mixing me a drink that tastes just like a bomb pop today.




Bomb Pop Shots

Ingredients
1/3 ounce sprite 
1/3 ounce lemon vodka
2/3 ounce blue curacao
2/3 ounce grenadine
Ice
*** Can use Mikes Hard Lemonade or Smirnoff Ice in place of these
Shot glasses 


Directions
1. Mix the sprite and vodka in a shaker with some ice to chill it.
2. Strain into glass
3. Using a spoon turned upside down angled into the vodka mix just to slightly break the surface, very slowly pour the blue curacao. It must be done with patience, or the two will mix and you wont get the same effect.
4. Next add in the grenadine. The easiest way to do this is to pour close to the edge of the glass to create an almost waterfall effect inside the glass. Since the grenadine is so thick it'll drop to the bottom of the glass

Enjoy and Drink Safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment