Today is National BBQ Spare Ribs Day. What a great day to celebrate on July fourth. Nothing beats some spare ribs on the grill. Here is a great recipe for the fourth of July.
Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Spare Ribs
4 Ibs. pork ribs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Peel off tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
3. Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.
4. Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.
5. apply rub to ribs on all sides.
6. Lay ribs on two layers of foil, shiny side out and meaty side down.
7. Lay two layers of foil on top of ribs and roll and crimp edges tightly, edges facing up to seal.
8. Place on baking sheet and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is starting to shrink away from the ends of the bone.
9. Remove from oven.
10. Heat broiler.
11. Cut ribs into serving sized portions of 2 or 3 ribs.
12. arrange on broiler pan, bony side up
13. brush on sauce
14. Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.
15. Turn ribs over.
16. Repeat on other side.
17. Alternately, you can grill the ribs on your grill to cook on the sauce.
Enjoy and Happy Fourth of July!